On July 28th, 1980, John Keel appeared on the David Letterman show to discuss strange things falling from the sky, unidentified lake creatures, UFOs, sky quakes, bigfoot and more.
In the The Mothman Prophecies, John Keel documented that several people received mysterious phone calls that only had beeping or loud screeching noises when they answered them during the 1966 Mothman Flap. Other calls were interrupted by static or disconnected entirely. The problems were not limited to phones, police radios and televisions were also affected in the area of Point Pleasant, West Virginia in 1966.
Other weird calls to Keel during this time were credit to Indrid Cold, sometime thought to be a Grinning Man, sometimes an alien, often telepathic, always creepy.
I got a odd call and message today, left on my (571) 24WEIRD voice mail.
www.mothmanlives.com has a great promo video of their limited time guided bus tour. Dates are January 30th, February 13th and February 27th.
Call the Reservation Request Line at (304) 812-5211 to reserve seats.
- Round trip to the TNT Area, including a visit to the site of the North Power Plant, scene of many original sightings in 1966, and a tour of abandoned igloos
- During the trip, your tour guide will narrate the pivotal locations and scenes of Mothman encounters
- Refreshments will be provided on the bus
- Cameras are welcome, as there will be photo opportunities on the tour
- All-weekend pass to the World’s Only Mothman Museum Certificate of completion, Mothman Search Team bumper sticker, and other goodies
Tour prices are $19.95 ages 12 and up, $14.95 for kids 11 and under.
Promo video for the Mothman Tours, lead by author Jeff Wamsley – (“Behind the Red Eyes” & “Facts Behind the Legend”).- depart from Mothman Museum in downtown Point Pleasant, WV – and venture into the Mothman’s Nesting Site of the TNT AREA. For more info – visit www.mothmanlives.com Tour includes: Admission to the world’s only Mothman Museum, Bus tours into TNT Area where Mothman was sighted; silver bridge memorial site, down town Point Pleasant, Mothman Stature, Harris Steak House (Diner portrayed in Mothman Prophesies – located on Main Street); Walking tour off of bus into the TNT Area/Igloos; Site of the North Power Plant – aka “Birdhouse”, and much more!